Wednesday, January 12, 2011

FB!

Social networking has had a significant impact on my life. The main social networking that I use is Facebook. I used to be a member of Myspace when I was in middle school; however I never use this social networking site anymore. Facebook is the most current and popular networking system. It is a very good way to get informed with all of the new drama that is going on in Alden. It is also very entertaining and fits into my schedule almost as a daily activity. It’s like a routine, go to school, go to cheerleading, come home, and then before bed check my Facebook. When my friends and I have sleepovers, Facebook is always right there with us! I can’t remember the last time that we have had a sleepover and not gone on Facebook to check everything out and see if anything new was happening. I don’t have many negative views on this social networking site. Yes, I do spend a portion of my time a day on this website; however I find it to be highly beneficial. I feel that it is so cool that I am able to be friends with people on it from across the world. Because of the creation of Facebook, I am able to easily stay in contact with my relatives from out of state whom I normally wouldn’t. Occasionally I text my cousins, but Facebook allows me to stay in contact with my aunts and uncles as well, and to see right away what they are up to and if there is anything new and exciting going on in their lives. I also love Facebook because I am able to more frequently keep in touch with my best friend who moved to Georgia, due to the fact that she doesn’t use her cell phone. Facebook has most definitely taken over a part of my life whether I realize it or not, however, I do not necessarily find this to be a negative impact. Social networking in general has impacted many individuals’ lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment