Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Best Friend.

There are many people who have had an influence on my life, or impacted it in some way. There are also many people of whom I look up to as role models. When I think of someone that I look up to, the person that first comes to my mind is Mike Kueker. Not only is he my boyfriend of over two years, but also my best friend as well. Before we started dating, we were very close friends, and even then he was already someone that I looked up to. As each day passes, I continue to find more and more things about him, and also things that he does, that come as an inspiration to me. Michael is a very intelligent individual, therefore he inspires me to want to receive good grades and work even harder towards doing so. He also has an amazing work ethic. For Mike, school comes above mostly everything else in life. He has high hopes of becoming an anesthesiologist in the near future and he knows that in order to succeed he has work extremely hard. Homework comes before all activities although it is not at all what he constantly wants to be doing. Even though he has a ton of his own homework to do, he is always there to give me guidance with my trigonometry homework which comes as a struggle to me.  Aside from the school aspects of why Michael is someone whom I look up to, he has also influenced me in many other ways. He has taught me to look at all situations in a positive manor, because having a negative attitude will not help to change anything. He helps to get me through difficult situations and to keep my spirits up. Mike also knows exactly how to lift me up when I am down. If I am having a terrible day, he always has the perfect things to say that clear my head and make me smile. A lot of who I am today is due to the significant impact that Mike has had on my life. After being in a relationship with him for such a long period of time, he has influenced my life in so many ways that I never thought possible. I am so thankful that the person who I look up to most in life, just so happens to be my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment