Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Friendship

Friends

A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure
for our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.

- Jean Kyler McManus –


I chose to write about this poem because I feel as though friendship is a very important aspect of life. Without friendship I honestly do not know where I would be. Whenever I need someone to talk to, I always know just who I can turn to. My best friend Morgan Dulski is someone who knows anything and everything about my life because there isn’t anything that I keep from her. She is the one that I turn to when I just need someone to vent to and share my secrets with. Morgan and I have been very close ever since we were little. Even to this day we remain just as close, if not closer to each other. We are also very fortunate because our moms are best friends. This is a huge bonus to us being friends because at every family friend party we get to be together! This poem truly reminded me of the friendship I share with my own friends. I always turn to my friends when I am down because I know that they are able to lift me back up again. When I am with them, they never fail to put a smile on my face. Friendship truly is a gift. They are the ones who understand you most and will have your back until the end. Mostly everyone’s early years of life are spent with friends for the majority of the time. We are with our friends all day at school, and on the weekends. Therefore they are the people who most of our memories are shared with. Everyone needs a true friend. Someone to lean on, share your memories with, to tell your dreams and someone to be a major part of your life. I liked this poem because I was able to easily relate it to my life due to the fact that I feel all of the same things about friendship. It helped me to appreciate the friendships that I have even more than I used to. It also made me realize how valuable having friends in your life truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment