Monday, December 13, 2010

Online Publishing

Since the beginning of this course I have discovered many new things about myself as a writer. I have found out that I am much more creative than I have ever imagined and that coming up with story ideas isn’t that tough to do. As far as my writing process goes, I don’t exactly have one. I just type whatever comes to my mind as I am writing a blog or an article. If there are important things that I know I want to mention later on in my writing, I will type it at the bottom of my paper so that I will not forget. I generally like writing and don’t mind it at all. However I prefer to write about something that I myself can relate to. For example, I like to write about a past experience that I have encountered or a club or activity that I am involved with. I feel as though this makes it come easier to me because of the fact that I am familiar with the topic and feel most comfortable writing about it. I do not like to write about things like current events, or essays on a book and things like that, because I am unable to relate myself to them in any way at all. This class has had a major impact on my writing. I am now more confident with it and feel as though it comes easier to me. Being an editor I feel has also helped me to become a better writer. It helps me to know what mistakes to look for with my own articles. I am now very confident that I even offer to read over Mike’s college papers to make sure there are no errors. I am also able to provide him with advice if he needs it about his papers. Online publishing has definitely helped me to become a better writer and to also enjoy it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment